8am Photography
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4Slideshow Image 4Slideshow Image 4

Welcome

Monday, July 23, 2007

........oh the places you'll go.........



"Most of my treasured memories of travel are recollections of sitting."

–- Robert Thomas Allen




and sit we did!

we sat to enjoy the view.. the gorgeous sunsets..

we sat on warm, sandy beaches...

we sat on handmade chairs on the river itself..

we sat on fences that overlooked the majestic ocean..

we sat on huge boulders to see just how tiny we really are..

we sat on a pier and listened to the waves crashing underneath..

we sat on a stone wall and kissed at Lover's Point..

we sat on our bikes as they carried us all around the beautiful sights..

we sat on our chairs at an amazing italian restaurant..

we sat and played with Tippy..

we sat under palm trees one nite..

and huge redwoods the next..

we sat and listened to a pack of coyotes..

yep.. some of my treasured memories of travel.. are recollections of sitting :)

Here are some pictures from our travels..i hope you enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~



along highway one:




Tippy on his leash:


Big Sur:



pismo sunset:


tippy trying to master the art of 'screen climbing'..




pismo boardwalk/pier:




morro rock:




elephant seals along hwy.1:





i could look at this everyday...



a little shop in morro bay.. HAD to take a pic of the sign ;)





the menu at LaBruschetta's...in Felton, CA ( i had the Rigatonni alla Norma) yum:




tammy (tim's sister) , her boyfriend Kelly, Tim, and me at LaBruschettas:


Seven Gables Inn in Pacific Grove, CA:




Green Gables Inn in Pacific Grove, CA:




the Pirate at Mackerel Jack's gift shop on Cannery Row, Monterey:


seagull posing at Pacific Grove:




Lover's Point , PG


Half Moon Bay beach:


An antique shop in Pescadero:




If you are ever in Pescardero.. a MUST STOP at place is: Arcangeli Bakery for some of the bestest, freshest and warm bread in the world!!!! (they even ship free to any ca residence if you order online!!)


Tippy:




... r e l a x i n g ...


in Big Sur


after a fun day of leash-training:


san luis reservoir:






>


19 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

Vacation looks so fun, relaxing
Tippy is SWEET!
if he ever needs a babysitter
he can come visit me!
smiles, Deena

Kingfisher Farm said...

WWWOowwoww Sammikins!!! You took amazing shots!!! You are just the cutest couple!!! And how did I miss that Tippy was a manx?? Pam

Diane Duda said...

Sounds (and looks) wonderful!
I DO like sittin'!

Thanks for sharing the photos and my cat would be happy to teach Tippy anthing he needs to know about screen climbing.

Di :)

CraBBy GaBBy said...

Sandy,This all looks so dreamy...I loved the pics I felt I too got to go on vacation just by browsing your photos...and that cat is a hambone!
Heidi

Mica said...

good gravy those are some great pictures. And you look sooooo in love!!! So glad to see you having a Happy Summer... Tippy Too!!!!

Mica

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh my goodness, such gorgeous photos!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time ~ and that little Tippy is precious!! I love those photos with the black background ~ so glad to have you back! xxoo, Dawn

Becky said...

WOW! What beautiful pictures.
Oh how you make me miss Sweet ol'Californa.
Becky

softinthehead said...

Half Moon Bay was my old stomping grounds....I love Tippy so cute! Nothing like an orange cat huh? and a tail-less one to boot....Pam

jeannene said...

"WOW Sandy",
You two are such cute darlings, you and your hubby!! And what a beauty you are, very Lovely lady Sandy. Looks like you had a fabulous time...You took a Vacation here close to where I live!! How funny is that...I go down to San Bernardino area for my vacation and you come close to my area for yours...LOL!!! Lovely pictures indeed, glad to see your back and no harmful "Tickets"...to talk about!! He...He.
Hugs to you,
Jeannene

shirley said...

Sandy!! Love the vaction pictures and looks like Tippy did well on the trip too! Thanks for posting!

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Yeah!!...your back!...we've missed you. Looks like you had a great time, even Tippy looks like he was enjoying himself. I love the pictures they are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

D. Klopp said...

Sandy looks like a wonderful place and you take beautiful pics. I must go and see some of those places. Everyone looks so happy.
Deb

Cindy Dean said...

Love the pics! I also like your new Blog banner. Pretty cool!

PEA said...

Sandy,
Oh love the pictures of all the fun. I need one of those sittin vacations. LOL
How did I miss that tippy was a manx? Oh I love little nubbies. Tee hee
He is so sweet I miss having a bitty fur baby of my own. Well I have a big fur baby.
hugs,Pea

Wendy said...

WOW Sandy! What an indredible place....and your photography is the BEST!!! Looks like you had a wonderful and relaxing time!

Jackie said...

Oh my jaw dropping photos. I had to look at them twice so I didnt miss anything~ The views are spectacular! Looks like you had a relaxing time! Good for you~ Jackie
Fat Jak Originals

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Wow, what a wonderful vacation getaway! The pictures as always, are gorgeous and put me right there with you, ;-) I think Tippee must have had a good time too!

CCs Whimsies said...

Sammie, you took me on a wonderful trip, and I didn't even leave my chair. Your photography is only out shined by your beautiful heart. I love you! Christy

Laurie Blau-Marshall said...

What a collection of pictures! Wow! And those shots of tiny Tippy on the leash just killed me. What a nice vacation. I'm so glad you had a good time!

(Yes, I'm a little behind on my blog strolling)

Also love the halloween banner, very cool. Oh, and the new blog banner. And........what a scare with the finger chopping! Yikes!!! That would drive me to drink, for sure...

xo
Laurie

Post a Comment